The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre and Digital Studio
- The mandate of the YMCA is to empower young people and communities to be proactive and productive agents in their own development.
- To develop the full potential of young people by creating opportunities for their positive participation in national development.
- To advocate for the total development of the body mind and spirit in order to be positive agents of change irrespective of faith, age, sex, race, and social condition.
- Empowering Young People for The African Renaissance
Priorities as a partner of the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre and Digital Studio started operations in late 1995 with modest beginnings. Currently, the centre is fully equipped with three laboratories, a digital studio/system administration unit, and an innovative hub (jokkolabs). The Computer Training Centre and Digital Studio also manages the overall ICT infrastructure of the Gambia YMCAs in terms of Intranet facilities, network facilities, troubleshooting to name a few.
The Centre is part of The Gambia YMCA which was established in 1979 and it is a member of the World Alliance of YMCAs, African Alliance of YMCAs, and member of the Non-Governmental Associations of NGO’s in The Gambia, with NGO number as NGO23. It is accredited by the National Accreditation & Quality Assurance Authority of the Gambia.
Its programs include the following:
- ICT For Development
- ICT and Education
- Internet Governance
- Exchange Programs: Internship / Research Programs for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
- Communication as a Catalyst for Development
- Youth Entrepreneurship and ICT
- Digital Media for Advocacy
- Kiddies ICT & Creative Summer Camp
- Educate and Innovative Monthly Meet up Sessions for Kids